Thursday, June 1, 2017

PRODUCTS I'VE USED UP - 1ST QUARTER - 2017

I sorta feel like Joan of Arc when I completely use up a product-not the burning at the steak part or the whole witchcraft and heresy but the white armour and white horses, the blatant bravery and heroism.

Okay, maybe it's not that deep but it sure feels good. I have come to love using up a product far more than I love making a purchase. It also gives clear cues about what I truly love and would in the long run repurchase.

With all this consumerism that's going around it's easy to want to buy everything, to try everything, to have everything.

This has sadly given rise to the "anti-haul" pandemic which is not necessarily a bad thing but a somewhat bitter sweet thing and I'm not completely sure that it's because people have seen the error of their financial ways but that it's the in thing right now.

I have made a conscious effort to use stuff up. I refuse to buy more stuff when I already have stuff. I'm not rich enough to have staches of back up products or a million and one different deep conditioners or detanglers. There is no margin for financial error in my household because every penny makes remarkable sound.

Here's some of my empties for this quarter (since this should have been posted yesterday). I didn't include makeup because that's for a separate post.





Nature's Bounty 1000mcg Biotin x 2 - this is a low dose biotin supplement that I take for my skin. I have eczema and for some reason since I got pregnant my skin has been very dull, dry, and itchy. I started taking this since the start of the new year and it helped but I had to increase my already healthy water intake because biotin can cause acne and other issues if not taken correctly. It is said to help with hair growth but my hair didn't seem to experience any change with it but it didn't suffer either so all is well that ends well. I will probably repurchase but I'm not sure when since I have switched to using DPH for the skin itch issue and I hate pill popping.

One A Day Women's Multivitamin Supplement - this is from January when I just wasn't maintaining the energy to cope with hardly anything. I did it, it's done. I have since then switched to leafy greens.

T. N. Dickenson Witch Hazel - I used this on myself, on my clients and on my baby's butt. It's versatile and it's effective. I wont repurchase because I love the Benjamin's brand better.

Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion - it has 12% glycolic acid. That's why I bought it but good God almighty this stuff is amazing. I was so desperate for something to help with my skin issues back in January that I could hardly wait for the ebay seller to ship my order and when it came I slathered it on and I woke up the next morning with the softest skin ever-this must have been what my skin felt like when I was a baby. I'm getting more as soon as I round up the shillings.

Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Mask - this was existential to my relaxed hair journey which ended as quickly as it got started. I didn't use it while I had locs but quickly found it beneficial to the dreaded detangling of my loose natural hair. I use heaps in one go and so much so that my hair was beaming white after I put in my two strand twists that were always super huge, for efficiency of course. I will not repurchase this as it doesn't give my hair what it needs. I was told that I was using it wrong but I use it how I want to since it's my coints that bought it. I don't see why it shouldn't be left on the hair since it can't hurt as it regards to the ingredient list. I could rinse it off but then my hair would still be the same as if I had left it on. It does flake up and though it's doesn't turn your head into a snow machine it is still pretty obvious. I would recommend using a oil with it but I don't care, honestly.

Ayrton's Peppermint Oil - I love a good tingle on my scalp, almost as much as I hate to mingle. I use this with my Olive oil on my scalp and hair and it is so refreshing and relaxing. This is staple to my hair care so I will repurchase.

Shavuot Naturals Jamaican Black Castor Oil - I actually loved this stuff as much as I was allergic. I used this up when I had locs and even before that when my hair was relaxed. I won't repurchase in light of the fact that I am allergic.

Charming Pink Cream - it was an impulse buy, but it was pretty good at what it claimed to do. I ended up using it up as a hand cream. No excitement there, except my hands were silky soft while it was on and then it washed away and reality struck and I returned to the cabin in the woods where skin care products that combat signs of aging doesn't exist.

Akila Facial Firming Serum - was the coolest skin care product I have ever tried. It literally felt like water being applied to the skin but it operated on a far greater level. I love this and would definately purchase it. It was sent to me along with the other two products in the line but I never got around to reviewing them for you dolls and gents.

Akila Antioxidant Eye Cream - I don't believe in a cream designed specifically for the under eyes or the eye area in general. I believe that a good moisturizer will service all facial features. I always think it's so unnecessary to have two moisturizers in different sizes for different areas of the face. Companies should start including a lip balm or lip treatment instead of an eye treatment. In it's defense though it pairs magnificently well with the firming Serum. I use it all over my face though. I'm pretty much a rebel in all things skin care.

Akila Facial Rejuvenation Cream - it has that nostalgic childhood smell. I like it but I hate it. It's a thick cream and it feels luxurious on the skin but I still didn't totally love it.

Paula's Choice Resist Ultra Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum - it's actually very light on the skin and that's what my skin loved about it. I was sent the entire line to review. Some of which ended up in the bin because they were a bit outdated. I wish I had used them up before they went bad. This is one that I would actually purchase though. I think it served my skin well.

Paula's Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment - would not purchase, I need higher percentage Retinol than this.

Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner - this is second to no other toner I have ever used. I almost cried when I used it up. The emotional display was almost as bad as when I used up the cleanser. The cleanser from the resist line is bomb. I will buy this in future for certain.

Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA - this exfoliation is amazing. I will be buy this one day.

Read my complete review of the entire Paula's Choice line of products that I was sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment